HN to Kindle
1. Enter your 'Send to Kindle Email Address' from your Kindle e-book reader or Kindle App (available in settings)
2. Copy the email id below to your 'Approved Personal Document E-mail List' on the Amazon website of your region.
3. You will now receive top Hacker News stories on your Kindle. You will receive several stories first time and after that as and when a story meets the selection criteria(see change log). Since there's no way to know whether you are using HN to Kindle and that it costs effort, money to keep running this service it is limited to 15 days trial. Please consider subscription to continue service with more features after trial period. All subscription features are available for free during the trial period.
Reading Hacker News stories on e-book reader, Apps, filtered by categories. Efficient knowledge assimilation from Hacker News comments using note taking, Highlighting and library functions of Kindle, Sharing legible HN content or just to increase productivity by spending less time on HN but not missing out on great content.
- 21 Sep 2021: Added Send HN item to Kindle.
- 16 Sep 2021: Added classifier based category filtering for subscribers.
- 21 Jul 2021: Added keyword filtering for subscribers, Login, Fixed bugs which prevented special characters from being displayed properly in the title.
- 30 Jun 2021: Changed to best stories to limit the number of stories being sent to kindle.
- 16 Jun 2021: Top comment should be older than 2 hours. To avoid rendering when HN's ranking system hasn't done it's thing.
- 13 Jun 2021: Fixed a bug which didn't receive all top stories which fit the criteria.
- 13 Jun 2021: Stories older than 24 hours are not sent.
- 13 Jun 2021: Fixed a bug which didn't send stories to kindle after the first time.
- 12 Jun 2021: Story older than 9 hours with at least 20 comments listed as top story by HN is selected for sending to kindle.